Acrylic Sheet FAQ
Cast Acrylic sheets are superior in strength and clarity compared to other options. They are lightweight and impact resistant with a 10 times more shatter resistance. Acrylic comes in a wide variety of colours and styles.
100% Virgin materials means top quality clarity.
Acrylic sheets, also known as acrylic glass or polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) sheets, have a wide range of applications due to their versatility and unique properties. Here are some common uses of acrylic sheets:
- Windows and Skylights: Acrylic sheets are often used as a lightweight and shatter-resistant alternative to glass for windows and skylights. They provide excellent clarity, UV resistance, and insulation properties.
- Signage and Displays: Acrylic sheets are widely used in the signage and display industry. They can be easily shaped, cut, and engraved to create various signage solutions, including indoor and outdoor signs, point-of-sale displays, illuminated signs, and trade show displays. Acrylic sheets offer excellent optical clarity, allowing for vibrant and eye-catching graphics.
- Protective Barriers and Shields: Acrylic sheets are used for creating protective barriers and shields in various settings. They can be found in retail counters, cashier stations, bank teller windows, medical facilities, and reception areas. The transparent nature of acrylic allows for clear visibility and communication while providing protection.
- Furniture and Home Decor: Acrylic sheets are popular in furniture and home decor applications. They can be used for tabletops, shelves, display cases, coffee tables, and decorative accents. Acrylic’s transparency and versatility allow it to blend well with different interior design styles.
- Lighting Fixtures: Acrylic sheets are commonly used in lighting fixtures due to their light transmittance properties. They are used as diffusers, lenses, and covers for fluorescent lights, LED lights, and other lighting applications. Acrylic sheets help distribute light evenly and reduce glare.
- Acrylic Paintings and Art Installations: Acrylic sheets serve as a surface for acrylic paintings and can be used for creating mixed media art installations. The smooth and non-porous surface of acrylic sheets allows for easy application and blending of acrylic paints.
- Aquariums and Vivariums: Acrylic sheets are suitable for creating aquariums and vivariums due to their transparency, strength, and impact resistance. They offer a clear view of aquatic or reptile habitats and provide a safe enclosure for the animals.
- Medical Equipment and Devices: Acrylic sheets find applications in the medical industry. They are used for manufacturing medical equipment and devices, such as incubators, cuvettes, lenses, and laboratory equipment. Acrylic’s chemical resistance and biocompatibility make it suitable for medical applications.
These are just a few examples of the many applications of acrylic sheets. Their versatility, transparency, durability, and ease of fabrication make them a popular choice in various industries and creative projects.